Thursday, August 13, 2015

North East Catch Up; Part 2

First off....thanks DZ, Lisa, Michelle, Elle, and Kyria for checking in. As you know I haven't been a very good blogger lately. So thanks for stopping by! I may not always comment on your pages, but know that I am checking in too.

 AND we continue.....
** A family BBQ at my cousin Ellen's house (Peabody, MA).
Pics are with my younger cousin Sammy and my niece Rachel (in glasses) and Stu and I:)
LOVE my new trucker hat from Steve from our trip to Estes Park (Hat is by OR - Outdoor Research)
Be Hippy is a CO company owned by, what I would call a "trendy, hippy couple.


Relieved that I made it through a VERY VERY hot and humid trail race. It was only 2.60 miles but rocky and a few hills. My running at altitude truly didn't matter much here.


Then I was off to a Red Sox game against the Yankees!! Had sooooo much fun (even though we lost) and we had great seats. My friend JP took me. Totally grateful. I haven't been to a Red Sox game in....hmmmm......20 yrs or more?? Yes it's true!!!!

Next up a yummy lunch with my former colleague Simone, at Earl's Kitchen in Somerville, MA at the new Assembly Row. FABULOUS and my Moscow Mule was totally delish!! Of course a bit of silliness under the giraffe lego in front of Lego Land.



 How about some artwork to view while running along the Malden Bike path (Northern Strand) which will eventually go right to Revere Beach. Right now it stops in Everett one way and Saugus, the other way (heading towards the ocean). **Keeping this large so you can see the art:)

One of the many crossing signs along the path.

My favorite: Elf. How many times did I watch this with Brian in the past? A million! He searched and searched to buy me an Elf shirt but no luck (BUT he did find me a That Girl shirt which totally surprised me!) Thanks B.

Anywhoooo....Running IS my favorite (duh) and during this trip, I've run in many places. I'm still underneath it all, an urban runner. Running in Nahant and around the lake in Wakefield was the best and a close 2nd was the Greenbelt Path to Bug Lighthouse in South Portland (Boothbay is WAY TOO hilly).

One more "catch up" will include some more restaurants and books I've been reading just as an FYI.
Peace
Out

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! Isn't running on the water at sea level just the very best? I know you are enjoying being a mountain girl these days, but once the salt is in your blood it never leaves I think.

    Looks like you had a fabulous trip 'home' and I love that art wall! So neat to see a project of that magnitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm in Chicago ....harumpfff

    ReplyDelete