Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Checking in but I'm still here.

Hi. I'm Jill. Once a wicked rad runner turned to an injured, persevering, woe is me, healing foot, sick to my stomach, trying fucking hard, boxer, spin/bike riding mess!!!! I'm slowly gaining my running legs back (and adjusting to altitude).

Oh yeah and I moved from Boston to Boulder. It's an adjustment; it will take time. I'm starting a new chapter in my life. One step at a time. 

I'm not going to lie, my brain hasn't been up to writing until now. I'm in Long Beach visiting my mom of the West. It's not the same without dadio (Fred). He died of ALS,  and it was a humbling and traumatic experience for me when I came out here 11 yrs ago to help care for him.

"See Life Through a New Lens."  I'm trying.
miss my family and my friends AND the ocean. I'm trying. 
Having said all that, I'm happy and grateful to have someone who cares about me a lot here.
So anyway....
I'm so thankful to have wonderful people to support me and cheer me on, especially going through these life changes too.
You know who you are❤️👏💪
Thank you.

Oh and did I mention I may run the LA marathon in March?? Just thought I'd throw that in.😎





MacIntosh Lake, Longmont. Longs Peak is in background but YOU can't see it!


Denver turkey trot.



South Boulder creek trail



From my 62 mile bike ride in Grand Junction. Colorado National Monument.



Saying so long to my dear friend and dear running friend Nancy. Our run around Gordon College.



Elisa and me in Brewster!



My crazy yoga and planking guru Gina.



Thanks for checking in on me. Bye from Cal ( gosh I just love this weather). 


6 comments: