Monday, January 26, 2015

New Challenges for 2015

Before 2015 Cherry Creek Path, Denver

Happy New Year…….Commitment 5K in California




Along Long Beach….the board walk which I found after running along the beach path!! What a treasure!!!!


 Jolene and I….my fellow HCR (hard core runner) FB site friend. I'm so psyched to find her in Longmont, CO. We began working out together!!! 

What's happening in my life?? Besides continued left foot issues, I finally got a Dr's appt with a Sports Ortho.  She's at UC Denver hospital, Dr. Deborah Saint-Phard….a former Seoul Olympic track athlete and of course we know, they were boycotted. She is fantastic and got me in to have an MRI.
I await the results.
In the meantime, I'm spinning, walking, stretching (A LOT), using weights, and working on my abs. I'm getting stronger but still feel down that I'm not running. Doc put me in a foot brace and it's helping, but it certainly makes me walk funny….like I'm off kilter….well that's true anyway….DUH.



I'm trying to be positive……

Boulder is a beautiful place, but I'm homesick. I went home for 10 days to help out my mom who had hand surgery. I'm still a hearty New Englander and miss "my" ocean. I miss my family and friends, but I'm trying to find my place here and have a positive outlook.

Perhaps once I get my foot straightened out and find some work, I'll feel better about myself. I'm happy that I've been able to get to know some of the gals from Skirt Sports and meet up with gals from Instagram who live in CO.
I'm grateful for who surrounds me now. Time for new challenges.

5 comments:

  1. Keep your chin up Jill! You are just in a winter time, injured, dark place right now, but soon the sun will be shining and you will be feeling just like your good old happy self again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a huge move! And I can well imagine you are missing the ocean. When we visited CO this past Summer for a week, that is the first thing I thought, too. 'There is no water here' - of course there is but it is so different. I do love the foothills and the mountains cause that reminds me of Calgary, where I grew up in the shadow of the Canadian Rockies. Longmount... I recall passing through there several times. So glad you are making some friends and do hope you are feeling more settled. I see you are running and getting around a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete