Friday, June 12, 2015

High Five Friday

School's Out! I'm jumping for joy!!!
Middle school teaching just about knocked me off my block, but it's time for a fiver update.



1. In May, I ran 99 miles (a little too much to fast…ouch foot) and I went biking but now my right foot aches.  Whoop-Dee-Do right? Thankfully I have the best PT so she's working on my right foot. OY


2. Title 9 race was cancelled (didn't stop me from running with the shirt and 7 miles) but this month I have the Skirt Sports 13er. Ouch. Dread. What was I thinking in Nov? NOT. 
I'll plow through though. My buddy Sonya is trotting along with me, she's recovering from an injury too. We are simply, two determined master runners.  Please feet, don't let me down.



3. I'm back on the East coast next month. Yahoo!!! I'm such a city and ocean girl. Although it's beautiful here, I miss the ocean, city, family, and friends. Also, I miss sailing (bet you never thought I'd say that). So instead, my summer back East will be biking, running, and some "Sup" (stand up paddling). I do have 3 races this summer - 5K….YAY! Maybe a 10K in Salem, MA. Maybeeee…...



4. Back to the gym taking some great classes! Stretching, Pilates reformer (a stable platform, with a sliding bench and cables that you use as pulleys) and Tabata (what is now known as cross fit, but I call it circuit training). Overall fitness for me with sprinkles of running.


5. I went hiking!! I only climbed another 600 ft in elevation from the 5343 ft. I did it without collapsing too. Part of it was super steep and not even that long to climb up. I'm psyched to hike and will try to go a little longer than 4.25 miles next time. 


And that's my high five!

****By the way, I had the best time cheering on runners and walkers for the Bolder Boulder 10k in May (I ran it in 2001 and still have my cotton t shirt).
Jolene met me and we laughed and smiled so much that it felt wonderful. Of course, we discussed running the LA marathon in Feb with other HCRunners on FB. We saw Janeen and Kate too! I waited for Tania and her son Garrett but missed them.


Happy Weekend!



Next up…..my book list!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Hope your PT can get your foot feelin' right again! And yea for returning to the east coast for this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! So good to hear from you. Hope all is well!!

      Delete
  2. Hurray for school being out! I hope that you enjoy your time back East and that your right foot heals fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In PT and you're still running? I'm betting your PT doesn't know that. Stop and swim instead.

    ReplyDelete