Thursday, October 29, 2015

Three for Thursday and saying so long to Colorado

1. I'm moving back East. It's hard to say so long but being true to myself means being in New England, with family and friends AND the ocean!!!
***Thank you Steve for being such a good friend. 

2. Had a terrific time visiting Moab, UT; Canyonlands and Arches National Park and Dead Horse State Park; also South Dakota (Mt Rushmore, Rapid City, Black Hills, Keystone, Hill City). Driving through Wyoming was great too!! Lots of historical markers of the "Ol' West" (a treat coming from New England). Fun to be on the Oregon Trail too (Oregon Ruts).

3. I'm so pleased with my running and that I'm down 13 pounds. I'm running between 23-27 miles a week and I'm stretching a lot. I've put more miles on trails while living in CO and it truly takes a bit getting used to. Your feet, ankles, and calves take a beating. I ran a 2.5 mi hill climb with a 2 rating and THAT was a beating but a blast!!! (French rating system with 1 as a super grade extreme).

A proud gal below!! 106 miles (the most I ran in one month since 2014)




***MOAB selection....the pics do not do it justice. The arches, formations, and trails were phenomenal and kudos to Steve for having it all organized! (He's been a few times which helped).
Next post: South Dakota

So for now, this is where I sign off. 
See you back in New England when I restart my life and bring back wonderful memories of the West. 
And Steve.....thank you again.

P.S. Two upcoming half marathons in MA:
Nov - Inaugral Howling Wolf Half (Stoneham)
Dec - Frosty Half (Raynham) with my new run club (thanks to Stu for the membership) Colonial Road Runners:)



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you'll be back for the Boston PD R2R next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home and nice job with the running miles for September! Doesn't it feel great to get back in the saddle again!? I hope to see you again next time I am in your neck of the woods (or when you come to visit in CA!??!) Good luck with your races!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always fun to catch up with you! So happy for you that you have made a decision and are making the move. You sound ecstatic and you look fabulous.... the waves and wind will welcome you home!

    ReplyDelete