Monday, July 14, 2014

Jamestown Half and my sanity (or not)

Will I go insane taking a break from running? YES!
Will it be better for my foot?
I DON'T KNOW.....sure it will but I still have to walk around, don't I?
But first.....

Jamestown Half Marathon. Had my gloves on and ready to punch those hills.
I fought, but did take it easy. I was too busy stopping to take pics. I probably would have finished under 2:15 but didn't care. The foot ached but got worse by mile 10, but big friggin' deal. It was hilly and I was mad (push on mutha' effer). Race was on Saturday and I'm still sore, but wobbling better than yesterday.


And so I go....Jill up a hill, down a hill and another. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous!
I was cheering for Nancy as she was planning to haul butt (which she did!!!). Never in my previous running days would I accept a 2:15 time, but now it's time to let it be (I do like that Beatles song;)).
The gal takes a better selfie than moi.  Had fun catching Nance. Phones are glued to hands. I like using mine now when I run, especially for safety (had some creep awhile back following me). I was able to figure out how to download Itunes....YAY!! I was thrilled to take pics too.

SO LET IT GO, and what a way to finish it out.
Spectacular views!                                                        Newport Bridge on way out (6:45 am)





A super fan all along the course!

Bridge back in view towards the finish line.


Medal color matched my nails! Cool.

                                            Shuttle:  sweaty, smelly, and very happy (couldn't wait to get an iced turbo)

***I did receive a pair of socks from Mitscoots Socks. A young company out of Austin, TX who want to do right in the world, by providing socks to people in need. When you buy a pair, they give away a pair. The socks are made in the USA!!! I wanted to test their performance socks, which were wonderful! Lightweight and breathable, and no blisters!! If you go on their site and sign up for their newsletter you'll get a discount on your first order! Pay it Forward....their motto #GetGiveEmploy  Mitscoots
Click on and check them out.

   Weekend finished out with my friend Simone. We taught together in Lynn. She's a fantastic art teacher/artist and a wonderful person. She'll be a Mrs soon so we celebrated at lunch!!

White sangria (Legal Seafoods) made with citron vodka, white wine, and something else?????....yummy!
Cheers my friend! So much fun hanging and shopping! Enjoy your up-coming day. So happy I experienced the plans with you.

Next up...….Dr's appt and some bike riding.  Jackie Enos' Arm Challenge resumes!

6 comments:

  1. So fun to read your post today... sore foot? BOOOOO! But your pics are great and that medal is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Were your ears ringing?! We were talking about you!! So happy to see you're doing well:) Hope to get to Dr this week. BOOOO is right and what a wake up call.

      Delete
  2. Sorry about your foot Jill! Sounds like you made the most of it anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wo are so cute in your selflies! Looks like you had fun, as usual ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girls!!! You and Nancy are adorable. Love it!!!!
    I nominated you for a very inspiring blogger.... http://www.runningwiththegirls.com/2014/07/the-very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🌻🌺 Thank you Jen! Really kind of you. It looks like you're having a great summer.

      Delete