Wednesday, July 9, 2014

My Left Foot and Ready to Hibernate, after Jamestown RI Half, that is…...

Almost 3 weeks out of school and off to CO for a fast trip!
What a trip! Biking, eating, trail running, and lots of wine and laughing. Meeting people…etc…..
BUT….I'm going to kvetch….my left foot. Here's one of my favorite sayings however:


It's been just over a month and my left foot has been a BEAR!! Yes, it growls and makes me growl. How stupid am I? STUPID. I knew since after the London Marathon, when my feet were aching, that I should rest. REST? I don't know that in my vocabulary, and yet, as I age and everything I read, it's taking me longer to heal. 
My body needs to HEAL. 

Yah right….3 races later, I'm getting my brain (and body) ready for the Jamestown Half Marathon. This Sat early, 8 am bus ride to Newport, then we're off.
Nancy (Living the Dream), my brf and I have been gearing up for this one. I'll be strolling and she'll be kicking some tushie. It is major hill climbing and dipping (rolling). WTF….fine. I'll rest and hobble later.
Well it sounded good when we registered!!!


So now CO….in various spots. Let's leave it at that.
On Boulder Creek Trail….heel hurts, but not too badly. It would hurt more if I was attacked by a mountain lion!


Heel still hurts climbing on trails so I went on the track (Lyons, CO).

Sporting new #bamrbands. I love the whales. (OH….got new Vineyard Vines goodies too. Boxes waiting for me at home. #edsftg

Below the beauty of the Flat Irons and views from trail running. Easy trails and gravel paths.


Boulder Creek Canyon (thanks Chuck for taking me up the elfin' canyon!!!) Thought I was going to die riding through and up and down 3 canyons!! On a hybrid no less….bad-ass in the house:)
Got caught in some rain but still NOTHING like what happened to B and me on his motorcycle years ago!!!!

And here's me in Denver below,  ready on July 4th to cycle the Cherry Creek/Platte River path then walk around the Cherry Creek Arts festival. The fireworks were really nice but New England still ranks the best and the ones over Niagra Falls.

Also a new #bamrband (Katie's Bamrbands)


Time to regroup after this up coming half in RI. Time to truly rest, and I'm not talking about racing, I'm talking about a REAL, HONEST rest…..no racing….no running. I'll see the Dr next week and continue with massage. Hammy and feet only.

Biking and walking and upper body strength training. That's the plan. I'm in the middle of an Arm challenge too, so far so good. Tears are diminishing. Time to let go. Time to disappear.








1 comment:

  1. Your title reminds me of the movie "My Left Foot" ..a great movie.
    Remember to do serious icing when your foot hurts!

    And yes, total rest is a good idea once in a while...traveling is good for that ;)

    ReplyDelete